About This Course
3D printing is one of the most important toolkits of the future, with applications across industries like medical, transport, education, construction and more.
Tinkercad is an online 3D modelling platform loved by both students and businesses. It allows your child to design in 3D using a drag and drop interface to visualise how parts of a 3D object fit together to form a whole.
Your Child Will Learn
- With the world becoming increasingly virtual, this camp helps learners understand how objects on the computer screen have real-world applications.
- Our students design their very own 3D models and learn how to manipulate and transform shapes on screen.
- If their design permits, we 3D print a student’s project and send it to them as a keepsake!
• Develop building blocks to competencies in engineering, mathematics and applied sciences with fun
projects like creating a light saber, 3D rocket or even 3D jewelry.
• Logic and creative thinking on the journey from concept development to creation
• Acquire a deep non-academic understanding of geometry concepts, spatial learning, and perspectives
Prerequisites: This camp is suitable for all students.
A Sneak Peek of the Projects They’ll Be Creating
- Your child will set up their Scratch account and join an online community of 50 million fellow students.
- Students get exposure to real-world applications and learn to create a simple version of a chatbot.
- As the week progresses, they will become familiar with Scratch’s potential and learn basic commands including Loops, Conditionals and Variables to get busy creating!
Prerequisites: This is a beginner level camp with no experience necessary
A laptop or tablet with connected keyboard and mouse, webcam,
and a good Wi-Fi connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 3D printing?
3D Printing is the process of creating a three-dimensional object layer by layer using a computer created design. Designers originally used 3D printers to quickly create product prototypes but they are increasingly being used to create final products as well.
Why should my child learn 3D Printing?
3D modelling and printing is considered one of the technologies to significantly change how the world operates. The film, television, video game, architecture, construction, product development, science and medical industries all use 3D models to visualise, simulate and render graphic designs.
What is TinkerCAD used for?
Tinkercad is a free web app for 3D design, electronics, and coding, trusted by over 50 million people around the world. With an extensive shapes library, users can create personalised 3D models.
What is the online camp experience like?
Students who have a busy schedule will benefit from our online camps as it greatly reduces the commute time to and from class! They will need to spare only 90 minutes a day from the comfort of home to attend the online camp! As with all our classes, students will benefit from a private online 1-on-1 class with an experienced tutor.
Is this camp suitable for all skill levels?
Definitely! As all our online lessons are 1-on-1 with a tutor, the curriculum is personalised to meet your child’s skill level, and tailored to suit their unique interests. Whether they are just starting out or have prior coding experience, our tutors will engage and challenge them to bring out their best!
What are the technical requirements for this camp?
Students will need a Windows or Mac computer with a connected mic and webcam. They also need to have Zoom installed. We do not recommend tablets, as the multi-tasking ability between Zoom and some browser-based teaching platforms is often unreliable.