From consumer of content to empowered creator
Age: 13 to 16 years
5 days, 90 minutes per day
1:1 online class
Best suited for:Junior hobbyists, artists, sportspersons, or musicians can proudly build a website to share their achievements with friends and family.
About This Course
From businesses, to news, to entertainment – websites are how we interact and transact. Our web development camp gives young communicators the inspiration to build their online presence using a Replit – a powerful platform to code online. And as they enjoy creative expression and develop a big picture view, they also effortlessly learn the of web building, visual layout, content and trouble shooting.
Your Child Will Learn
• A key transferable skill that allows developers to harness their imagination, gather information, and then visualise, plan and execute.
• Develop essential tools that are a must for team projects for budding entrepreneurs, hobbyists and academicians. Convey information like a pro, learn what is relevant to your audience, and troubleshoot and maintain an ongoing live project.
- Become a valuable addition to any project team with the ability to conceptualise a website that reaches your target audience.
- Learn to research, communicate with, and engage others as you plan and design your website.
- Understand the key elements of web design including layouts, menus and visual elements and more using both HTML and CSS.
- Experience empathy and gain an understanding of user experience in the real world.
Prerequisites: This is a beginner level camp with no experience necessary.
A Sneak Peek of the Projects They’ll Be Creating
A laptop or tablet with connected keyboard and mouse, webcam,
and a good Wi-Fi connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Web Development?
Web development involves the different aspects of creating and maintaining websites and web applications. Examples of this range from simple static websites to social media networks and e-commerce marketplaces.
What is Replit and what is it used for?
Replit is a browser-based platform for creating and sharing software. It is also a place to learn how to code across multiple programming languages, so they have some fantastic built-in educational features as well. Students can write their code and host it all in the same place.
What college and career opportunities can this course lead to?
Web developers are one of the most in-demand roles across several industries, especially with many business depending increasingly on online purchases rather than conventional stores. This introductory course gives students insight as to whether they wish to pursue front-end or back-end development, or consider full stack development.
What is the online camp experience like?
Students who have a busy schedule will benefit from our online camps as it greatly reduces the commute time to and from class! They will need to spare only 90 minutes a day from the comfort of home to attend the online camp! As with all our classes, students will benefit from a private online 1-on-1 class with an experienced tutor.
Is this camp suitable for all skill levels?
Definitely! As all our online lessons are 1-on-1 with a tutor, the curriculum is personalised to meet your child’s skill level, and tailored to suit their unique interests. Whether they are just starting out or have prior coding experience, our tutors will engage and challenge them to bring out their best!
What are the technical requirements for this camp?
Students will need a Windows or Mac computer with a connected mic and webcam. They also need to have Zoom installed. We do not recommend tablets, as the multi-tasking ability between Zoom and some browser-based teaching platforms is often unreliable.